nymphcapades... let the riots begin.

what my brain ate today.

Monday, November 19

i have been so slack in my postings!

granted j has been on the computer for the majority of the last few weeks finishing his master's thesis (done! yeah!!!) and also getting ready for interviews and applying for teaching positions.

i've also been very tired. i manage to keep my energy levels up at work but by the time i get home, it's pretty much crash and burn... there've been a few days where i've felt too tired or kind of sick and j's been awesome and gotten dinner ready for my pregnant self. he's been so helpful and i am so grateful!

i've had a few different events on lately, there was the gold coast indy (oct 18-22) where i worked as a promo girl at the foster's corporate box... quel fun! a few pics...

with some indy girls (i'm so short!)



with miss V8 (i don't think i saw miss indy... )



there were some funny looking dudes jumping around in kangaroo suits with pogo legs (note the one on the right was *incredibly* good looking!)



celeb spotting for the weekend was nicole richie who's bf was playing with good charlotte right next door to where we were :)



we harrassed mister indy... you can't see from this photo but he has perfectly formed, buffed up guns... prrrow!



(most people's reaction to this was also 'there's a *mister* indy??')

the view from the corporate box was cool... not that i'm a big racing car fan or anything but it was a really fun weekend. and we got payed heaps to be there ($40/hour). really all we did was stand around at the registration desk signing people in and signing pit passes in and out. then for the last 2 hours of the day we wandered around the box making small talk with the guests. too easy!



admittedly, the noise was quite horrendous and my nerves were shot by the end of the weekend. when the fighter jets flew over all the girls (and several men!) screamed cause it was such an unexpected boom! i clutched my stomach as my heart flipped in my chest!
indy was supposed to be a huge party weekend but being knocked up i spent most of the time hanging out, tiredly, with some lovely friends who were letting me crash at their place... we watched some good movies and ate some tasty foods!

next event was hallowe'en, quite unexepectedly... wasn't planning on going but j and i went at the last minute...
more pics! (i went as an 80s pop star, dragging a few fave pieces from my wardrobe!)

the girlies



pirate meg!



the family guy



with miss tulsi!



hallowparty!



with j!



with deepak!




native love! rich n iwey




and next was a bachelorette for the lovely iwey... photos yet to be downloaded! ... soon though :)

then a slumber party for tulsi's bday this past saturday... not a lot of photos but some good times and girl talk had by all!

next big event is my first ultrasound on monday the 26th! i should get a more accurate due date then as well as some solid confirmation that i am not tired and growing for no reason!

the debate still goes on, some people look at me and say 'ooo, you're hardly showing at all!' and others say 'i can't believe how much you're showing for only 3 months!'. a customer at work referred to me as 'the girl who looks like she's expecting' the other day... oooookay... lucky for you i *am* expecting!

cravings include pickles and olives... baby also likes thai! and frank's red hot hot sauce, chilli and lime... discovered that one today! mmmm..... drooooool.... i've stopped craving so many strawberries and just in time cause they're no longer in season and are now verging on expensive. j and i bought 20 mangoes for $2 on saturday and i've been downing one or two of those a day!

but at the end of the three month mark i can thankfully say that baby spared me, i didn't have any bad morning sickness. a few bouts of nausea and some smells caused me grief (and still do!) but i've been really lucky!

will try to write more often but can't promise anything... j's mom will be here from begining of december for 6 weeks and we'll have lots of stuff to do while she's here (i can't wait!!!!)....

bisous!
-xo-

6 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger Aviva's Mommy said...

hahhahahaha...you have big boobs!

 
At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where, K? I missed those! Wait, I mean, I didn't see them when I looked at the pictures. Well, I suppose I *do* miss them, but not anymore than I miss your rat face. Okay, well, I miss you flashing them at taxi drivers and at my boyfriend in random parks in the west island. And then hurting your ankle from posing topless for too long. Now I'm tired.

xoxo - di

 
At 7:48 AM, Blogger prin said...

Yey new blog post! lol

I hope everything goes awesome at the ultrasound and you're healthy and all that. :)

 
At 6:18 PM, Blogger nymphtress said...

the first ultrasound was good, we're in a very low risk category and everything seems peachy!

i am trying to decide whether i should post a picture? it's of the 2D variety...

?thoughts?

anyone adamently *not* want to see that? speak now or forever hold your peace!

n. -xo-

 
At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As long as I don't see placenta or the mystical "mucous plug", I'm happy.

xox - d

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Aviva's Mommy said...

ahhh mucous plug...its really not so bad. The placenta on the other hand is one of the most revolting looking things I have ever seen in my life. Reminiscent of The Fly when he breaks out of that slimey cocoon.
PICS YEAH!!! Do they do 3D videos at your ultrasounds?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home